Instructions for Papers
All papers will be
- 8 ½ x 11 paper
- The body of the paper should be at least 5 double-spaced pages. The cover, bibliography, pages of charts, Table of Contents, etc., do not count toward the 5 pages.
- Papers must be submitted in electronic format and e-mailed by midnight of the due date.
- Margins shall be 1 inch on each side.
- Font Times New Roman 12 points or Courier New 12 points.
- Make sure to number your pages in the body if the paper. Each page number shall be in the bottom center. Cover pages, and the first page of the body should not be numbered. See research paper guidelines for other page-numbering information.
Papers must have, as needed:
- Title page
- Table of contents
- Executive summary
- Table of acronyms
- The document should be prepared in accordance with APA or MLA, the style guides are available on the internet
It is important to follow the above directions; they will count significantly toward your grade.
You should make certain to proofread and run spell check and grammar checks. Careless errors due to failure to proofread will cause deductions.
The paper must be turned in on time to receive full credit. As per the syllabus, points will be deducted for late completion of tasks, e.g., failure to present news reports as assigned, submit term papers, or to take examinations when scheduled. Absent extraordinary circumstances, a minimum of four (4) points will be deducted for the first day of late completion of task, and one (1) point each day thereafter, including holidays and weekends.
The purpose of the assignment is to reinforce your knowledge and analytical process regarding ethical issues.
It is important to remember that this is a paper and should not be prepared in a question and answer format.
SUGGESTED TOOLS AND RESOURCES:
This paper requires research and it is up to you to conduct the research. However, here are a few tools that you might find helpful.
1. Writing help. MyUDC has a number of links to help you with writing – on the lower right side of the web page.
2A. Below there are some additional technical resources you might consider in preparing and writing the paper.
“How to Write a Decent Term Paper” – http://www.tulane.edu/~bfleury/termpaper.html
Researching – http://www.wikihow.com/Research-a-Paper
Term Paper Guidelines – http://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/termpapr.htm
Term Paper Templates
You should feel free to be creative in your search.
Please feel free to contact me for additional information or assistance. I am available to you.