Each student is required to complete the term project, which is an 8-10 page research paper in APA Style. The project should have 8-10 pages not counting the cover, abstract and reference page.
AN OVERVIEW OF RESEARCH PAPER REQUIREMENTS
All work should be submitted in APA 6th Edition style, which includes (if sources are used) in-line citations and a References page. No exceptions. Review the APA publication manual. APUS APA Style (pdf)
Note that references used for your research need to be peer-reviewed/scholarly journals. These journals typically have the following characteristics:
1. articles are reviewed by a panel of experts before they are accepted for publication;
2. articles are written by a scholar or specialist in the field;
3. articles report on original research or experimentation;
4. are often published by professional associations;
5. utilize terminology associated with the discipline.
Research Paper Instructions:
Choose one of the 5 topics listed below to write an 8-10 page research paper on. (8-10 pages excluding the title page, reference list, appendices) Your paper MUST be in APA Format.
1. Use at least five articles from scholarly sources in a paper that discusses one of the following six areas in which police departments have historically been found to be defective or deficient: constitutional due process, civil rights, use of deadly force and police brutality, abuse of discretion, corruption and police-community relations.
2. Use at least five articles from scholarly sources in a paper that discusses illegal drug use, illegal prostitution and money laundering.
3. Use at least five articles from scholarly sources in a paper that compares and contrasts the problems associated with defining and determining the frequency of corporate crime in the United States.
4. Use at least five articles from scholarly sources in a paper that examines one of the various theories in the text book that explain crime.
5. Use at least five articles from scholarly sources in a paper that critiques middle-class delinquency’s relationship to gangs.
Use the APUS library to find at least five, peer-reviewed articles that cover your chosen topic from the list above. Again, you are required to use scholarly, peer-reviewed journals, in-text citations, and provide a reference page for this paper.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Once you have submitted the assignment it is automatically run through Turnitin.com (plagiarism checker). You MUST be below a 20% match to other sources.
In addition, it is important to note the following critical aspects for your paper that if not completed correctly could result in a 0% despite the paper’s content and other evaluation criteria as noted below:
Your paper MUST be in proper APA format
Your paper MUST utilize APPROPRIATE references
You MUST avoid any form of Plagiarism at all costs