Write a reflective Journal that will answer the following questions;
- How do you think you come across when communicating with other people? Why is it important to know how others perceive you?
- When looking at working in a team environment, what strengths do you bring to the group? What are some challenges you may need to overcome?
- Take a moment to think about your lifestyle habits. What could you do to improve your own personal health and stress?
- Why is it important to have passions or interests other than nursing? What is your plan to avoid burnout as a nurse?
- Looking back on this week, what did you learn about that you didn’t know before? How will you apply this to your life (currently, or in your future nursing practice)?
Textbook Readings: Chapter Four (4): Establishing Helping and Healing Relationships from the book;
Hood, L. J. (2014). Leddy & Pepper’s conceptual bases of professional nursing (8th ed.). Philadelphia, PA: Wolter’s Kluwer.
Managing Stress & Avoiding Burnout
Read about stress. Note at the bottom of the page there is a link to Stress in a Testing Situation, you may want to review that if you have test anxiety.
Two articles on how to avoid burnout:
• How to Avoid Nursing Burnout: http://www.ehow.com/how_2069612_avoid-nursing-burn…
• How to Deal with Burnout:http://www.ehow.com/how_2097268_deal-burnout.html
- Each answer should have a minimum of six (6) complete sentences, written clearly and concisely with correct grammar and spelling.
- Reflections must show insights and depth of thoughts.
- Reflective comments must be connected to experiences and goals.
- Follow APA style.