Your rough draft must be 3-4 pages in length. Use proper APA formatting and include a reference page. The reference page is in addition to the page requirement (the title page does not need to be submitted with your rough). Your paper should demonstrate a strong thesis statement supported by research from at least 3-5 sources. Contents of your rough draft should include:
- A detailed explanation of the population chosen.
- The communication barriers that were presented in the case study.
- Resources and or policies that were utilized to assist in eliminating or reducing the barriers.
- Resources or services that could assist but were not utilized in the case study.
- Final outcome of patient experience and customer service provided.
It is true that we live in a complex society where diversity has become the order of the day. Failure to recognize it can lead to a conflict of interest and discrimination in service delivery among workers. I choose this topic because it’s important to understand individual cultural belief, most especially in the field I’m pursuing. Cultural diversity in health care practice is a serious issue between the caregiver and the customer. These diversities can be explained as the differences such as language, thoughts, beliefs, reactions, and values among others. The nursing role requires that the nurses recognize the cultural diversity of the patient. Understanding the patient’s cultural diversity creates awareness of what good for the patients to avoid offending them while recuperating. It is worth noting that the patients have different cultures on how they perceive and do things. However, it must be realized that diversity and inclusion of various cultures bring creativity and innovation resulting in better patient care and satisfaction.