Welcome to Part 1 of this assignment!
Nurses use Quality Indicators (QIs) for several purposes. QIs highlight potential quality concerns, identify areas that need further study and investigation, and track changes over time. The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) QIs include Prevention Quality Indicators, Inpatient Quality Indicators, Patient Safety Indicators, and Pediatric Quality Indicators (Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, n.d.). You will use these quality indicators within your Assignment.
This Assignment also takes you back to the Walden Library. The Library is an invaluable resource for discovering nursing and health care–related databases and professional articles. Continue to practice and refine your writing skills. Learn how to use APA in-text citations and references. Use the Grammarly program—it is an invaluable writing tool to enhance your work.
In subsequent weeks, you will continue working in this substantive area.
- Review the Week 4 Assignment Rubric, provided in the Course Information area.
- Review the AWE Checklist and Additional Resources for your Assignment:
- Review this week’s Writing Resources and Program Success Tools. Revisit the Writing Resources and Program Success Tools from Weeks 1 through 3 as needed. Focus on the QIs at http://www.qualityindicators.ahrq.gov/.
- Choose a QI related to a nursing topic of interest to you. Think about the ways in which following and measuring this crucial health data improve effectiveness and efficiency in your nursing practice. Consider any points that relate your selected topic to the journey ahead in your nursing career.
- Find two articles in the Walden Library to support your scholarly opinion in your paper.
- Draft a 2- to 3-page paper describing your selected QI in general, and then describe how this QI has the potential to improve the quality, safety, and outcomes of your patients and their families.
- Describe the current data available and leadership’s goal for improvement.
- Draft a solution using 2 sources from professional and scholarly literature to support your proposal.
- Use the 2000/3000 AWE Level Assignment Template in the resources for this week to complete your Assignment.
- Use in-text citations to support your paper. Use essay-level writing skills, including the use of transitional material and organizational frames.
Before you submit your final paper for grading, submit it to a Safe Assign Draft in Academic Integrity. Use the information provided in the Originality Report (Walden University, n.d.-c) to revise your paper. Paraphrasing and citing your sources in-text will decrease the similarity score. Go to Academic Integrity to learn how to interpret your originality score. Revise your paper before submitting it to Week 4 Assignment within the course.
Safe Assign provides feedback to students on their use of source material using the world’s largest content comparison database. Safe Assign highlights original writing and instances of proper citation. Later in Week 6, you will learn the importance of understanding plagiarism and the concept of originality. Safe Assign is also found in Academic Integrity.