To complete this assignment, first review the Theory of Personality Project Description and Scoring Guide in the Resources. The description provides the context for this assignment. Then, select one of the following theories of personality that have been presented in this course. Choose a theory that appeals to your interests and applies to your chosen area of specialization.
- Psychoanalysis (Freud).
- Individual psychology (Adler).
- Analytical psychology (Jung).
- Object relations theory (Klein).
- Psychoanalytic social theory (Horney).
- Humanistic psychoanalysis (Fromm).
- Post-Freudian theory (Erikson).
- Holistic-dynamic theory (Maslow).
- Person-centered theory (Rogers).
- Existential psychology (May).
- Psychology of the individual (Allport).
- Five-factor trait theory (McCrae and Costa).
- Biologically based factor theory (Eysenk).
- Evolutionary theory of personality (Buss).
- Behavioral analysis (Skinner).
- Cognitive social learning theory (Rotter and Mischel).
- Psychology of personal constructs (Kelly).
After you have selected your theory, conduct research to find:
- At least two primary or secondary sources that describe some aspect of your selected theory in depth.
- At least three peer-reviewed articles that support the application of your selected theory to your chosen area of specialization.
Then, write and submit a 4- to 5-page paper in which you address the following:
- Identify the theory you selected and discuss what interests you about it.
- List the primary or secondary sources (at least two) you found that describe some aspect of your selected theory in depth. For each source, provide the complete citation. Then summarize in a few sentences the content in the source that is most relevant to your final project.
- List the peer-reviewed articles (at least three) you found that support the application of this theory to your chosen area of specialization. Again, for each source provide the complete citation. Then, in a few sentences, summarize the content in the article that is most relevant to your final project.
Include citations as appropriate,
- Length: Ensure the paper is 4–5 pages in length (excluding title page and references page).
- Organization: Include a title page, references page, introductory paragraph, body content, and concluding paragraph.
- Citations: Integrate a minimum of five scholarly resources.
- Format: Follow APA (current edition) guidelines for style and formatting.