A. Describe in a sentence or two what this article is saying about how food preferences are changing in Ghana and what people think of chains like KFC that have been introduced.
- Do they like this new food?
- What does the ability to buy food at places like KFC represent to many Ghanaians?
- What has been the result to the health and culture of Ghanian’s with these new options (like KFC) now being available?
B. The rise in obesity in Ghana may be unavoidable and carries many risks. This is true of many developing nations around the world.
- Do you think American corporations that open and operate new food chains overseas have any obligation to educate the public about the health risks of their food? Why or why not?
- If health scientists or the corporations selling the food wanted to do something to combat the rise in obesity in Ghana’s citizens what would you recommend?