You are a newly hired VP of mergers and special projects. You have noticed that there are shifts in the healthcare industry and you want to ensure your facility can continue to sustain itself in the future. You want to make a recommendation to pursue a specific population to increase funding, but you must make a logical explanation to the board.
Create a PowerPoint presentation (8-10 slides) and make a recommendation to the board. Use the notes section in PowerPoint to provide detailed speaker notes with your presentation that fully explain each point and justification for your recommendations.
- Create a timeline of the development of the US healthcare system which includes the following :
- The shift from physician power to insurance company control.
- Public versus private sector institutions.
- Medicare and Medicaid, Prospective Payment System, and the trend shift from private insurance to HMO.
- Potential impact of U.S. healthcare system reform.
- Discuss long-term care, special populations and palliative care. Also address insurance types for different populations and settings, systems for measuring quality, and types of providers working in each type of facility.
Make a recommendation on serving one of the populations (long-term care, special populations, and palliative care).
By the due date assigned, deliver your assignment to the Submissions Area.
Use the following file naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_
Assignment 2 Grading CriteriaMaximum PointsCreated an accurate timeline of the US healthcare system which included the shift to insurance company control, public vs. private sector, Medicare, Medicaid, Prospective Payment System, HMO and healthcare system reform.36Discussed long-term care, special populations and palliative care.32Addressed insurance types for different populations and settings, systems for measuring quality, and types of providers working in each type of facility.44Included a feasible recommendation on serving one of the populations (long term care, special populations, palliative care).44Style (4 points): Tone, audience, and word choice Organization (12 points): Introduction, transitions, and conclusion Usage and Mechanics (12 points): Grammar, spelling, and sentence structure APA Elements (16 points): In text citations and references, paraphrasing, and appropriate use of quotations and other elements of style44Total:200