portfolio for healthcare
Before beginning this assignment, please make sure that you review all of the information contained in the “Transferable Skills Project Portfolio” folder.
Throughout your education, you have been asked to research topics and write papers, engage in thought-provoking discussions, consider diverse perspectives, and a host of other challenges that have required you to use both your discipline-specific skills as well as your soft skills to show proficiency of content-related topics. These are called transferable skills. Transferable skills are skills that you develop that can betransferred and applied within your chosen career. Transferable skills are highly valuable and essential for career success.
It is now time to submit your “exemplar project/assignment” and “transferable skills reflection”. To complete this assignment, you will need to do the following:
- Please review your student “Transferable Skills Project Portfolio” folder for important details regarding your Capstone Portfolio and a review of the six transferable skills.
- Select an exemplary project (or assignment) from your Transferable Skills Project Collection that demonstrates your mastery of at least threetransferable skills during your time as a student at Rasmussen College; or select your project from this course if you feel that it best represents your mastery of at least three transferable skills.(Utilize the Transferable Skills Rubrics to help you assess the suitability of an assignment for demonstrating proficiency in any of the six transferable skills).
- Make sure to compile ALL components of your project/assignment(s) (if the project covers several assignments, compile them all in their proper order). Sometimes a project can span throughout several week of a course. For example, if you have 5 assignments as part of a project, you will need to compile ALL 5 assignments into one document/final project in proper order.
- You may also use your “Capstone Project” as an exemplary assignment (as long as it showcases at least 3 transferable skills).
- Compile all of the rubrics that your Instructor used to grade each component of your project or transferable skills assignment. Copy and paste them in proper order to the end of your project. The rubrics should be the last few pages of your project assignment. If done correctly, everything will be one document!
- You want to make sure that you are submitting your best work or the project that BEST represents the transferable skills. Refer to the scores on the assignment rubrics under “transferable skills section of the rubric” that your faculty member provided for you, for each assignment. Also, be cognizant of the level of the course. The goal is for you to show mastery of the skills. For example, if you are taking a 400 level Capstone, then maybe select a project from one of your 300 or 400 level courses.
Transferable Skills Self Reflection
- In a minimum of 2 full pages, you will need to write an essay (full introduction and conclusion paragraph), and include:
- A description of each of the transferable skills that you’ve chosen to demonstrate proficiency of for your exemplary portfolio project.
- Discuss the reasons why you feel that this particular project or assignment reflects your understanding of each skill. Be specific!
- Describe the knowledge, skills and/or attitudes regarding each of the transferable skills that you’ve gained as a result of completing this particular project/assignment.
- Discuss the ways that you are going to incorporate the transferable skills (the transferable skills that you showcased in your exemplary project) into your work within your chosen career field.
- Describe your future goals based on the transferable skills that you’ve chosen to showcase.
- Make sure to include an APA formatted title page.
- Write your paper utilizing proper APA formatting guidelines, proper tone and grammar.
[img src=”https://content.learntoday.info/Learn/course_files/images/icons/sb_important.jpg” align=”left” hspace=”10″ title=”important”> Once you have completed your reflection assignment, you will need to add it to the end of your exemplar project. The self-reflection should be the last few pages of your exemplar assignment. If done correctly, everything will be one document! The sole exception is if part of the project is in another program, such as PowerPoint or if your file is too large. If that’s the case then you’ll have multiple files to submit; the PowerPoint and then the combined Word documents. Save these to one folder, zip or compress the folder, and then submit the zipped folder.