Unit 5 Assignment
Evidence-Based Clinical Question Search Assignment
The purpose of this Assignment is to give you a practical application to implement your PICOT idea, supported by the evidence-based research you have obtained in during your systematic review. You will apply evidence-based research findings, discovered from your clinical question, and then integrate those to support your suggested change in nursing practice.
1. Identify your refined PICOT question.
2. Using PubMed and the Cochrane collaboration database, do a systematic review of your clinical question.
3. Describe your systematic review
4. Determine an evidence-based quantitative article from the search that contains an evidence-based randomized control trial.
5. Summarize the case study selected.
6. Describe the study approach, sample size, and population studied.
7. Apply the evidence from this review to your practice specifically in your overview.
8. Evaluate the outcomes, identifying the validity and reliability.
9. Discuss if the study contained any bias.
10.Determine the level of evidence identified in the review.
11.The length should be no less than 10 Pages in APA format.
To view the Grading Rubric for this Assignment, please visit the Grading Rubrics section of the Course Resources.
Before finalizing your work, you should:
- be sure to read the Assignment description carefully (as displayed above)
- Good evening class,
- the purpose of this email is to provide clarification and guidance on the unit five assignment. This is an APA paper, at least 10 pages with one of those being the title page and on being a reference page. This page is basically has two major components. The first component is about finding relevant literature. The second component is to thoroughly describes a single randomized control trial (RCT) study that you found during your literature review.
- As with any paper I would like you to begin with an introductory paragraph explaining the purpose of your paper.
- First Component
- You have been refining your clinical inquiry/PICOT question over the last few weeks and will once again you will need to discuss the problem area, and the elements of your clinical inquiry.
- You will complete a literature search utilizing At least two of the following databases: PubMed, MEDLINE, Cochrane collaboration, and CINAHL.
- Describe/discuss the databases that you choose, describe your search strategies including the search terms that you used, the number of results, how you refine your search in order to focus or broaden the search to identify relevant studies. Include any limiters that you utilized. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO INCLUDE AN ERROR ANALYSIS.
- Remember that these studies do not have to directly focus on your topic, they need to be related to your topic in order to provide background for the problem area, population, intervention, outcomes etc.
- Second Component
- Describe/summarize what the RCT that you selected was all about.
- Discuss the studies approach, sample size, interventions, the population and any other relevant information from the RCT.
- Discussed how the evidence from this RCT is relevant to your clinical inquiry.
- Evaluate the results or conclusions from your RCT to include your thoughts on the validity and reliability of the results.
- Discuss if the RCT contained any bias.
- Determine the level of evidence provided by your RTC (page 92 of your text).
- Finally, as always finish with a summary or conclusion paragraph.