Unit outcome(s) addressed in this Assignment:
- Identify methods for assessing operational needs in a healthcare setting.
- Identify methods for evaluating operational processes.
- Analyze healthcare organization quality improvement methods.
Course outcome(s) addresses in this Assignment:
HA499-1:Knowledge Base: Demonstrate a sound foundational knowledge and understanding of the principles and practice in healthcare regarding administration, management, law, economics and policy.
For your Capstone Project, you will be performing research on a real-life healthcare organization. Drawing upon your learning in previous courses, you will be asked to analyze various facets and provide a detailed picture of the organization. The Capstone will consist of three sections. Each section is to be 1,600–2,000 words. Each section should have at least four references so there is a total of 12 references for the final Capstone Project submission in Unit 9.
Section 1 – Submitted in Unit 2
Proposal and introduction of project
- Select hospital
- Write introduction
- State selected organization
- State rational behind the selection of the organization
Analysis of the organization
- Describe the organization’s structure:
- Facility physical settings
- Patient or client base
- Level of clinical activity and research
- Describe the mission, vision, and goals of the organization and how the organization supports these items
- Community and global impact
Compose your sections using Standard American English as described in the APA guidelines available at Kaplan University Writing Center. You need to follow formal APA formatting for the project and include a title page and a reference page. Make sure you cite your reference in the text and on the reference page using proper APA format.
Your instructor will make suggestions for improvement and provide follow-up needed for Sections 1 and 2. It is your responsibility to incorporate instructor feedback into the final presentation in order to achieve full credit.