PLEASE SEE GUIDELINES****
In this assignment, you will be expected to utilize a data set to analyze and interpret information. Select a data set that you find interesting
Part one – visit https://data.cdc.gov and select one of the data sets that you find interesting. In one paragraph, describe the dataset. The dataset you choose must contain at least 3 columns of quantitative data with at least 30 data values in each column. If it doesn’t, you won’t be able to complete some parts of this assignment.
Part two – in a Word document, using current APA formatting, complete the following:
1. Identify the variable names and whether they are the dependent or independent variables.
2. Create a histogram for two of the variables. Comment on interesting patterns you see. Is the data normally distributed? Why or why not?
3. Create a scatter diagram for any two of the independent variables and the dependent variable. You should have two scatterplots. Is there a strong relationship between the independent and dependent variables? Explain your answer. What can you hypothesize based on the relationship you see in the graphs?
4. Using statistical data, discuss the probability of other nurses seeing this as an issue in their practice. Discuss how sample size may affect these numbers.
5. Compute the mean, standard deviation and the estimated standard of the mean of one of the variables. Include the Stat Crunch output table in your document.
6. Using data in number 5, above, compute a 95% confidence interval (showing all the work) and describe the central limit theorem.
Part three – in 2-3-paragraphs please provide a written proposal to senior management, using the information in part one. Select three analyses to describe the data.
Your paper should be double spaced, 12-point font, and all references and citations should follow APA format.
Part four Create the histogram in the statistical software of your choosing and while verbally explaining the process and interesting patterns you see. Verbally explain whether your data is normally distributed. This process should be recorded while inputting, computing and discussing.
Create a scatter diagram in the statistical software of your choosing for one of your independent variables. Verbally explain whether there is a strong relationship. This process should be recorded while inputting, computing and discussing.