This are the assignments:
A) The teacher is the fountain of all knowledge.”
- What is your response to this statement? Why?
- What is the perception of the roles of teachers and students in your country?
- How is the learning environment structured and does it facilitate your learning? (By ‘learning environment I am referring to situations within which learning occurs, such as lectures, seminars, group work, individual work, learning by rote.
B)1. Describe the essential aspects of a self-directed, intrinsically motivated, active learner?
2. Identify two areas of personal strength and two areas of personal weakness in being a self-motivated and engaged student.
3. Plan at least 5 strategies for personal growth and explain how you will implement your plan.
4. How will you evaluate yourself on the success of your personal growth plan and how will you hold yourself accountable?
5. You should provide a word count.
C)There are many theories that explain leadership. Chapter 10 presents each of the leading theories.
200 words or more. Use your own words – please do not copy and paste from a web site. Be sure, as usual, to reference your sources.
The topic for this assignment is ethics. Please refer to Chapter 3 of Principles of Management sections 5.1 Ethical Challenges Managers Face and 5.2 Importance of Ethics in Management (text pages 69-72 and/or pdf pages 77-80) for a presentation of the subject of ethics for managers. The assignment is a case study analysis. The case deals with the ethics of government in regards to smoking. Government is often involved in the tobacco business. Some countries have had government tobacco monopolies in the past. Most countries impose taxes on tobacco. This presents a conflict of interest in that it is well known that tobacco presents serious health hazards to many users. Read and analyze the case, Ban on Tobacco Ads by the Government of India which is available athttp://www.icmrindia.org/free%20resources/casestudies/ban-tobacco-ads11.htm. Please note there is a “Next” button at the bottom of each page.
For your assignment, write a 3 page (double-spaced) case analysis in which you address the following questions:
- Summarize the arguments in favor of the ban on tobacco advertising in India
- Summarize the arguments in opposition of the ban on tobacco advertising in India
- Discuss the conflict of interest issue as it pertains to government in India
- Give your opinion on what governments should do in regards to tobacco advertising