Unit IV Research Paper
Public and Private Support Agencies
Chapter 5 tells us that a significant number of both private and public associations and agencies stand at the ready to assist fire service leaders in preparing for disasters, mitigating disasters, and recovering from disasters. Many of these organizations offer individual and company memberships, though membership is not always a requirement for securing information and assistance.
For this paper, you are required to write a full one-page summary of the scope of purpose, responsibility, and benefit of an organization of your choosing from the list of 12 provided below. You will include how the organization interacts with the fire service and how the fire service could utilize the organizationâ€™s resources.
The paper will be written in proper APA format. The paper must have a cover page, at least one page of text (body), and a reference page. Text font and size are to be Times New Roman, 12pt., and margin settings should be one inch for all sides. Your paper should be double-spaced. Proper grammar and spelling are expected as well as this is a professional college-level paper.
Choose one organization from this list:
- American Fire Sprinkler Association (AFSA)
- American Red Cross
- Chemical Transportation Emergency Center (CHEMTREC)
- Insurance Services Office (ISO)
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
- National Incident Management System (NIMS)
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- United States Fire Administration (USFA)
- National Fire Academy (NFA)
- Fire and Emergency Services Higher Education (FESHE)
BFS 3251, Introduction to Fire Protection 3
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)