Resource: Preopening Budget Example
Create a 3- to 5-year financial plan to implement the goals and objectives created in Part II of your strategic plan. The deliverables for the financial plan include a projected budget created in Microsoft® Excel® and a report in Microsoft® Word® that clarifies and explains the financial plan.
Section One: Projected Budget
Create a projected budget.
- The projected budget should be a Microsoft® Excel® spreadsheet that contains a 3- to 5-year financial projection that includes detailed expenditures, income, contingency, gain or loss, capital outlay, and ROI (if applicable).
Include budget strategies to increase volume and budget assumptions.
Section Two: Financial Plan Explanation
Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word narrative discussing the fiscal details of the plan and the assumptions that were used in developing the projected budget.
- Include all the elements required in the projected budget.
- Include capital expenditure planning and contingency plans for unexpected events.
- Budget summary: When explaining your budget:
- Describe the organization’s current business model.
- Evaluate the impact of internal resources and financial capabilities on the business model implementation.
- Determine how the organization’s internal resources and financial capabilities affect your financial plan.
- Determine how they will affect implementation of the plan.
- Explain the details of the budget assumptions and the strategies to increase volume.
Cite at least 4 peer-reviewed, scholarly, or similar resources to support your information.
Format your paper according to APA guidelines.
Submit your assignment as Microsoft® Excel® and Microsoft® Word® attachments.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
Zuckerman, A. (2000). Leveraging strategic planning for improved financial performance. Healthcare Financial Management: Journal of the Healthcare Financial Management Association, 54(12), 54-7. Retrieved from http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11141688.