https://topnursingtutors.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/top-logo2.png 0 0 Joseph https://topnursingtutors.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/top-logo2.png Joseph2020-08-04 12:03:292020-08-04 12:03:29Cultural Assessment Presentation
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Cultural Assessment Presentation
Select a cultural group other than your own, and interview a family of this cultural group for information, if possible.
Create a Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation using a published cultural theory and assessment tool from those discussed in your readings or from your own research such as Leininger, Bloch, or Giger and Davidhizar, covering the following items:
- Describe the cultural group. Include demographic and census data, ethnic and cultural health practices, religious belief systems, language, nutrition, literacy, and education.
- Describe and interpret health beliefs of the cultural group in relation to both health and illness.
- Discuss specific health and illness needs of the cultural group. Use epidemiologic data to support this section along with data from your research on health problems of this cultural group.
- Discuss the management of health and illness needs. How does this cultural group manage their health and illness needs? How do they interact with members of the mainstream healthcare delivery system and access services to manage health and illness needs? Describe any cultural and traditional health practices and providers that may be utilized by this culture.
- Describe the dominant health care practices of this culture and any areas of conflict between the cultural group and the health care system along with the implications for nurses and the health care delivery system.
- Analyze the usefulness of the cultural assessment theory and tool you used for this assignment and describe its strengths and weaknesses for this type of assessment.
- This 15-slide presentation requires a minimum of five to six references
- The speaker notes much be at least 300 words or more