CASE STUDY 3 – Reflecting on week 4’s lessons in the syllabus, select a patient population (pediatric, young adult, adult or geriatric), and briefly analyze a chronic cardiovascular disease (Hypertension, Heart failure, Dyslipidemia, Heart murmur etc.…), that may affect this population. Briefly tell how it impacts the patient’s quality of life and analyze the current research evidence on this topic and gold standard of care if any for your chosen population. (You may use an example from your clinical rotation (past or present) that you have encountered). Describe how you, the Family Nurse Practitioner, can/or have made a difference in the care of patients with this specific disease and tell of one specific patient care teaching that he/she may do to help minimize disease symptoms. Please post your Case Study directly in the thread so that your colleagues can see it and be sure to read and respond/comment on one of your colleagues posting.
Please keep it as simple/concise as possible.
Per the syllabus I am looking for:
1. Your chosen disease/condition
2. Population affected
3. Impact on Quality Of Life
4. Current/new/recent research/Evidence Base Practice that will benefit/support this patients with the specific disease (If there are none please state so)
5. Recommendation for treatment or Gold standards for treatment if any (can be tied into the current research as above) (If there are no gold standards then please state so, but there should be some recommendations)
6. Please tell what/how you (speak in the first person) (as the Family Nurse Practitioner caring for this patient with this specific disease can make a difference in his/her care and incorporate patient care/self help teaching that can help him/her minimize disease symptoms.