Due Date: Wed, 11/8/17
Points Possible: 250
Points Earned: 0
Deliverable Length: See assignment details
View objectives for this assignment
Looking for tutoring? Go to Smarthinking
Collapse All | Expand All
Respond to the following scenario with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. Be substantive and clear, and use research to reinforce your ideas.
Part 1: Key Assignment
In the Phase 4 Individual Project, you used Bloomberg Businessweek B-School Connection resources to research job analysis and create a draft paper of 750–1,000 words. Review the feedback received on your Phase 4 assignment and submit a revised Key Assignment adding an additional 250–500 words addressing the following:
As part of the hiring process for the Logistics Manager, a compensation package needs to be prepared.
What steps would you use to determine the appropriate compensation for this position?
- How would you ensure that there is internal as well as external pay equity?
- What role does indirect compensation play in ensuring equity?
Provide a reference list at the end of your presentation of at least 10 Bloomberg Businessweek B-School Connection articles, and include in-text citations for the articles in APA format.
Part 2: Professional Portfolio
In a separate single Word document of at least 10 pages, prepare a professional portfolio that you would submit to a prospective employer that includes the following:
- A title page
- Table of contents
- An official professional autobiography
- A cover letter
- A resume
- A 500-word description of your career goals and who you will select as a career mentor
- A listing of awards and honors
- Work samples from your professional career or from university courses
- Letters of reference
- Any other completed career resources that you would like to include
Your professional portfolio should be formatted consistently, professionally, and should be free of grammatical errors.
Career mentors are a positive influence in one’s life that helps you to develop your success. A good career mentor:
- M: Motivates You
- E: Expands your Thinking
- N: Notices your Strengths
- T: Trusts You
- Optimizes your Weaknesses
- R: Respects You
As you are preparing your Professional Portfolio, you can use the following resources from CTU Career Services:
- Information on Preparing a Resume
- CTU Career Launcher Resume Sample
- CTU Career Changer Resume Sample
- CTU Career Advancer Resume Sample
Click here to download CTU Career Services Resources.
Each student at Colorado Technical University has their own unique career needs. Whether you are just starting out on your chosen career path, advancing within your current career, or changing careers altogether, Career Services at CTU Online can assist you with your career planning and job search. They can help you identify the talents, skills, knowledge, and experience you could bring to a prospective employer, as well as help you to better understand your interests and how your personality type relates to work. They can also help you devise a career action plan, identify possible job opportunities, and provide feedback on how you can more effectively position yourself as a candidate for these opportunities. Contact CTU Career Services at 866-8136-1836 or email@example.com to connect with your dedicated career coach. CTU Career Services can also help you with the following:
- Build your professional brand, establish your digital identity and social media presence.
- Learn how to use LinkedIn® and other resources to develop your professional network.
- Craft a resume that effectively promotes your qualifications and speaks to the needs of your target employer.
- Enhance your interviewing skills by conducting mock interviews.
- Network with employers through CTU Career Snapshots and CTU Employer Profile webinars.
- Access potential career opportunities from employers who have posted available positions within CTU’s internal job board…and more!
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.