heoretical Framework and Application 2
You will select one theory of psychotherapy studied in Units 5–9 (one of the pragmatic approaches—such as cognitive, CBT, and REBT—feminist, multicultural, family systems, or a postmodern approach) to describe, analyze, and then apply the theory to the case study of Rona, which now includes additional information based on her initial sessions with you. You may also choose one primary theory and integrate concepts from one other theory. The areas you should focus on when analyzing the theory are listed below. This APA-style paper should be 6–8 pages (excluding references and title page), so select the information carefully, using the most relevant and applicable.
- Brief description of the theory’s origin (background, how was it developed, who created it) and basic philosophies (its view of human nature, theory of change, view of psychopathology, the role of the counselor).
- How this theory aligns with your own philosophy, values, and views of the therapeutic process.
- An evaluation of the research evidence supporting this theory, with an example of a current study.
- The appropriateness of this theory for diverse populations.
- Goals you will work on with Rona (make sure the goals align with the chosen therapeutic approach).
- Interventions and techniques you will use with Rona, based on your theoretically established goals. Be very specific. Assume that you will have up to three sessions with her.
- Cultural considerations you will keep in mind while using this therapeutic approach with Rona.
- Strengths and limitations of using this theory with Rona.