Practicum Project Presentation Overview
PowerPoint Presentation Notes
Your PowerPoint presentation should exhibit a professional appearance that reflects thoughtful, thorough preparation. Consider the audience’s needs, and use your creativity to design an engaging presentation. Your audience is your classmates and Instructor. This presentation also serves as your Portfolio Assignment for this course.
The use of PowerPoint as a presentation method allows you to create a narrative to convey essential aspects of your Practicum Project. As you develop your presentation, structure the information to provide a logical flow from the beginning (introduction) to the middle to the end (conclusion).
Determine a title for each slide. As you create each slide, include the slide title at the top to help orient the audience, and make sure the slide text is concise and easy to read.
While you may wish to include a few photos or graphics, be mindful that including too many of these items can be distracting and may result in problems with file size and downloading.
The evaluation of your presentation will address not just the appropriateness and inclusion of all required content, but also the extent to which the slides are neat, organized, and visually appealing.
PowerPoint Presentation Instructions
• Develop a 15- to 25-slide PowerPoint presentation that includes the following:
1. o A cover slide with the following: -Title of your Practicum Project -Date -Walden University -Course number -Your name (Do not include the names of your practicum Faculty Member or Preceptor)
2. A summary of the Practicum Project topic, goal, objectives, and rationale
3. A summary of the Practicum Project methodology
4. A summary of the Practicum Project findings
5. Conclusions and recommendations that incorporate an evaluation of the Practicum Project findings in terms of utility and potential for impact within your professional specialty and your practicum organization’s environment
6. Examples of scholarly product(s) developed for the Practicum Project, if applicable (you may use screen shots or scans to incorporate these items into your presentation)
7. A summary slide that properly synthesizes and concludes the presentation
8. A list of references (including a minimum of five scholarly resources), properly formatted using APA style
In addition, you must do the following:
o Write detailed speaker notes for each slide to complement the slide content. Speaker notes should be clear, in-depth, and function as augmentation of the slide material. Note: These notes should be written with sufficient depth to allow someone else to deliver the presentation.
Make sure the PowerPoint presentation reflects graduate-level writing and presentation standards, with professional-looking graphics and appropriate type style.