A BRIEF COMPARISON (SIMILARITIES AND DIFFERENCES) BETWEEN THE PSYCHOLOGICAL CHARACTERISTICS OF SUCCESSFUL AND UNSUCCESSFUL POLICE OFFICERS
a brief comparison (similarities and differences) between the psychological characteristics of successful and unsuccessful police officers. Then, explain any conclusions drawn or insights gained because of this comparison. Support your comparison with references to the Learning Resources.
Please cite from:Bartol, C. R., & Bartol, A. M. (2013). Introduction to forensic psychology: Research and application (Laureate Education, Inc., custom Ed.) Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
and these are extra cites:
- Article: Drew, J., Carless, S. A., & Thompson, B. M. (2008). Predicting turnover of police officers using the sixteen personality factor questionnaire. Journal of Criminal Justice, 36(4), 326–331. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
- Article: Fagan, M. M., & Ayers, K., Jr. (1982). The life of a police officer: A developmental perspective. Criminal Justice and Behavior, 9(3), 273–285. Fagan & AyersCopyright 1982 by SAGE PUBLICATIONS INC. JOURNALS. Reprinted by permission of SAGE PUBLICATIONS INC. JOURNALS via the Copyright Clearance Center
- Article: McGrath, R., & Guller, M. (2009). Concurrent validity of the candidate and officer personnel survey (COPS). International Journal of Police Science & Management, 11(2), 150–159. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
- Article: Sanders, B. A. (2008). Using personality traits to predict police officer performance. Policing: An International Journal of Police Strategies & Management, 31(1), 129–147. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
- Article: Sarchione, C. D., Cuttler, M. J., Muchinsky, P. M., & Nelson-Gray, R. O. (1998). Prediction of dysfunctional job behaviors among law enforcement officers.Journal of Applied Psychology, 83(6), 904–912. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
- Article: Sollund, R. (2008). Tough cop—Soft cop? The impact of motivations and experiences on police officers’ approaches to the public. Journal of Scandinavian Studies in Criminology and Crime Prevention, 9(2), 119–140. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.